background

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Work Safe Wednesday - Essie has the Master Plan

With so many summer collection swatches going around, I'm so tempted to pull out a summer stunner, but I know I'll be sitting on my hands all day if I do.  I always feel super-self conscious about bright colors on my nails when I am at work.  So, I decided to go with a "safe" color - Essie's Master Plan.  

I found Master Plan (hidden?) behind several bottles of polish in an Essie display at Walgreens a few weeks ago.  I hesitated because I thought I may have had a dupe of the soft gray already, but I grabbed it anyway.  It was too pretty to pass up!

Essie Master Plan
Essie Master Plan

Essie Master Plan
Essie Master Plan

Essie Master Plan
Essie Master Plan - outside

Essie Master Plan
Essie Master Plan
indoors, natural light

Essie Master Plan
Indoors, natural light

Master Plan had a great shine, before any topcoat was added.  Actually, all of my Essie's have a high-shine finish.  That's one reason I like them so much.  The downside is Master Plan was a little streaky, so I used three coats to hide the bald spots.  Hate it when I have to go to three coats.

Essie Master Plan
Indoors, natural light


Despite needing three coats, this color is definitely one I'll keep and wear over and over again.  It is a great neutral for me without looking dull.  

Do you wear "work safe" colors?

No comments:

Post a Comment