Thursday, August 30, 2012
Zoya Megan comes from the Feel Collection, released last winter. The color is described as a full coverage, taupe gray cream. Given the description, I was surprised by the lilac tones, but its a really nice polish nonetheless. Here, I started with a coat of Zoya Anchor followed by two coats of the polish to achieve full coverage.
Previously, I told you about a three for one deal on clearance OPI at Wal-Mart. Here's a quick look at the ones I purchased.
Yodel Me On My Cell
Dulce de Leche
My Private Jet
I hope you enjoyed the swatches! Let me know if you took advantage of the clearance sale, I really want to know what you bought!
Thursday, August 16, 2012
If you like OPI, you need to head to the salon at Walmart. That's where I purchased the three OPI's pictured above for the price of one - $8.50 plus tax! Yodel Me On My Cell is from the Fall 2010 Swiss Collection, Dulce de Leche is from the South American Collection for Summer 2002 (! wow, that's old) and My Private Jet is from the 2007 Night Brights Collection. These are old polishes, yes, but they're new to me and think I got a great deal.
If you're not looking for older polishes, the salon has another deal going for current collections - buy one get one for half price. I hope you all are able to find some great deals at your local stores!
Tuesday, August 14, 2012
"Warm, light red-toned purple frost with strong gold, green and blue duochrome shimmer."
Way back when (ok, sometime around Christmas), Zoya kept us deal-hungry customers on our toes with their fun flash promos. While there were many great deals, my favorite one involved FREE nail polish. I got lucky at least once, and ordered Marry J (aka Marry) from the Divas Collection (not to be confused with their current Diva collection).
"Different every time you look at it, this shade lends a magical, playful look to nails."
Very pretty with a great, smooth formula.
Monday, August 13, 2012
Happy Monday! Here are a few posts that caught my eye in the past week:
- Kellie Gonzo takes a trip with China Glaze's On Safari Collection. KG
- Vampy Varnish has some beautiful swatches of OPI's Germany Collection for Fall 2012. VV
- Colour Coated had a jelly sandwich. CC
- Glitter, She Wrote has one of the few swatches I've seen of Essie's Yogaga Collection. GSW
- The Color Republic shares a Lovely Secret. CR
- Haute Lacquer goes for a tribal look using Zoya and China Glaze. HL You should also check out a couple of her other tribal patterns, Accented With Tribal and Patterned Stripes. If only I had a steady hand...
- I haven't been on Nailside's page in a while, but here's a challenge post she did a few weeks ago using a cloud pattern. I love her patterns. Pretty skilled lady! NS
Wednesday, August 1, 2012
Here's a quick look at my second Sinful Colors polish - Luminary:
My perfect polish this is not.
It got kind of bumpy and was a little on the goopy side. You can see where I dented it on the pinky nail after I thought it should've been dry.
My perfect polish this is not.