background

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Essie Smooth Sailing + Nicole's Nickel


Essie's Smooth Sailing comes from last year's summer collection, Braziliant.  This pearly lavender blue really surprised me. I know it sounds weird, but I just kept staring at my nails.  It was a little hard for me to capture the little pink and blue flecks of color on camera, but trust me - they're there, and they are awesome.

Essie Smooth Sailing
In direct sunlight
This is a color I will wear again and again.  I am still in awe of how great this looks on.  I guess it's a surprise to me because I normally don't go for blues, but I will now!

Essie Smooth Sailing
Indoors, natural light

This is two-coater polish.

Essie Smooth Sailing
Essie is always an easy buy for me.  Although some formulations are streakier than others (and I hate streaky polish), I find that their polishes always give me the look of a professional manicure.  I loved the Braziliant collection and only hope summer 2012 is just as impressive.

* * *

Before I got rid of my weekend mani, I decided to play with Nicole's Nickel by Nicole, and loved the combo of the two.

Essie Smooth Sailing Nicole's Nickel
Indoor lighting
Nicole Nicole's Nickel
Close-up of Nicole's Nickel

Glitter is fun, but can be such a PAIN to remove.  I did it the hard way, but you can check out Le Cheap C'est Chic's tips for easy peasy glitter removal.

Until next time, 

Stay polished!






No comments:

Post a Comment