background

Saturday, April 14, 2012

This Diva is DEFINITELY Decadent!


Last year sometime, I bought Essie's Decadent Diva from Ulta for $0.99, at least that's what the orange sticker on the bottle says.  It's been in my polish stash box ever since.  I decided to swatch it for precisely that reason.  Now that I have it on, I can't stop marveling at my nails!  This polish reminds me of why my collection mostly consisted of Essie lacquers when I first started seriously building it up.  It is simply a gorgeous color and has a shiny, professional-looking finish.

Decadent Diva comes from Essie's fall 2007 Glamour Girl collection.  It is a deep reddish-brown with beautiful copper shimmer.  As with a few others I have, this is one you really have to wear to appreciate.  The chemical smell nearly knocked me out at first, but I'll tolerate it to wear this color again.

Polish Notes:

Base coat: CND Stickey
Coats of polish used: Two. One coat allowed me to see the fabulous copper shimmer more easily, but two coats were needed for a proper finish.
Comments about application: This formula goes on smoothly, and interestingly, looks like it's in a black base on the first coat.  Everything evens out with the second.  Apply and prepare to stare for long periods of time.
Top coats: None - it has an awesome shine to it even before you add a topcoat.

Indoors:




Direct sunlight:





If you find this one in a bargain bin somewhere, I highly recommend you snatch it up.  If you don't want to go hunting through bargain bins, just head over to ulta.com where it is listed as in stock and still selling for $0.99.

No comments:

Post a Comment