background

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Go Crazy with Essie's Mojito Madness

Essie Mojito Madness

I saw. I loved. I conquered.

Essie's Mojito Madness is by far my favorite new color of the summer.

MM comes from the Bikini So Teeny collection for summer 2012.  I first learned about the collection through Milly's post on www.beautylogicblog.com earlier this month.  I instantly loved Mojito Madness, and I knew I had to have it as soon as it was released.  It was my understanding that the collection wouldn't be released until June, but I found it at Ulta over the holiday weekend for $6.40 before tax (I used a 20% off coupon).  I swatched it immediately because I needed to show it off ASAP! I hope you like it as much as I do.

Polish notes:

Color description: "Fun-loving, lime green."
Base coat: Zoya Anchor
Coats of polish used: 2
Comments about application:
Since the formula is a little thick, I had a bit of trouble avoiding obvious layer lines (check out the middle nail).  When this happens, I like to use CND Shiney as a fix.
Top coat:
None for the first three pictures

Essie Mojito Madness

Essie Mojito Madness
Check out the layer line on the middle nail

Essie Mojito Madness

Essie Mojito Madness
I added CND Shiney to smooth over the finish

The lines were still apparent after I added CND Shiney, but the finish was smoother overall, and it added extra shine (no surprise there) to an already professional-looking finish.

Essie Mojito Madness
Essie Mojito Madness + CND Shiney

Essie Mojito Madness
Essie Mojito Madness + CND Shiney
 Are you off to Ulta to pick up your own bottle?

2 comments:

  1. I already ordered this the other day. Can't wait to get it. I love how it looks on you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely! I've been a huge fan of the mint shades lately but this green is def a contender ^_^ heck I may buy it for the name alone..lol

    ReplyDelete