background

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Quick Nails: CND Blueberry Whip and Chocolate Milk...and Anita Baker (?!)



Earlier this month, I picked up my first two CND polishes from Beauty Brands on clearance for around $3.  I'd been eyeing a couple of CND polishes for a while, so I couldn't pass up the opportunity to try their polishes for so cheap.  (If only they'd put some of the CND Effects on clearance!)

Blueberry Whip



Chocolate Milk



Colors like Chocolate Milk, while pretty, tend to make me feel a bit dated, and a song that popped up on Pandora from an album that came out in 1994 told me I was right...


Check out her polish LOL!  Does it look familiar?  For the record, I <3 Anita Baker to no end.

What do you think?  Do certain earthy tones make you feel dated, or more "mature" than you are?

4 comments:

  1. Yes...but unfortunately, I just turned 39 so I guess I am dated! :( I never wore all the bright colors and glittery colors until a few months ago. I love them but always wonder if I'm too old for them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No Julie, you're not dated :). I do the same thing with glittery colors too! I always like them on other people...then I put them on and hide my fingers. I don't know if you saw my swatch for China Glaze's I'm Not Lion (Fall 2012), but I made an exception for that one. It's too pretty and shines like gold dust on my fingertips.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have my eyes out for I'm Not Lion because of the pics! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a good one, Julie. I L.O.V.E. it!

    ReplyDelete