background

Sunday, July 8, 2012

China Glaze Will Take You "On Safari" This Fall. Will You Go?


China Glaze On Safari

Well, hello there!  I hope this week has been treating you well. We're getting close to my favorite time of year for polish collections - fall (or is winter my favorite? maybe spring?  ah, nevermind)!  I was lucky enough to snag a couple of newbies from China Glaze's Fall 2012 On Safari collection (shout out Sally Beauty Supply!).  If you come across any of these in your local stores, I highly advise you to snap up the ones you like.  The displays I did find had already been raided of the more interesting colors, despite having only been for sale a couple of days.

Let's go ahead and jump right in...I have a lot of pictures, taken under different lighting conditions to help give you good idea of what these actually look like.

Kalahari Kiss:

When I first saw this color, I knew it would be just the type of muted yellow I've been looking for.  CG describes it as a light sand brown.  Yellow, sand.  Whatever.  I'll take it.

base = Zoya Get Even
coats of polish = 2
top coat = CND Shiney

China Glaze Kalahari Kiss


China Glaze Kalahari Kiss



Desert Sun:

CG describes this as delicious caramel.  I don't know about being delicious or caramel, but I think I like it.

base = Zoya Get Even
coats of polish = 2
top coat = CND Shiney

China Glaze Desert Sun

China Glaze Desert Sun

China Glaze Desert Sun


China Glaze Desert Sun



Last, but not least: I'm Not Lion

CG describes this one as "glistening gold and multi-color glitter."  I'm not that into glitter, but I LOVED this one.  There's another glitter in the collection, but I guarantee this will be harder to come by.  The fine gold sparkle is very pretty.


base = CND Stickey or Zoya Anchor (sorry, I can't remember which)
coats of polish = 2
top coat = CND Shiney

China Glaze I'm Not Lion
China Glaze - I'm Not Lion (one coat)


Warning: Since this was my favorite one, and the hardest to capture on camera, I ended up taking a ton of pictures to give you a good idea of what this will look like in person.

China Glaze I'm Not Lion

China Glaze I'm Not Lion


China Glaze I'm Not Lion

China Glaze I'm Not Lion
intentionally blurry pic



China Glaze I'm Not Lion


About the collection:


China Glaze On Safari

China Glaze on Safari Color Palette

 Swatch and Learn has the press release and more official promotional photos of the collection.

As always, I want to know if you see anything you like.  Drop me a note in the comments!


No comments:

Post a Comment