background

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Essie Mirror Metallics


A couple of weeks ago I told you about my accidental encounter with a new display for Essie's Mirror Metallics during my search for Stroke of Brilliance.  This week I want to show you two that purchased from the collection - Blue Rhapsody and Good As Gold.

Blue Rhapsody

Polish notes:

Color description: "a jazzy blue metallic"
Base coat: Zoya Get Even
Coats of polish used: 2
Comments about application:
Metallics are kind of funny to work with.  They can easily become streaky, and I don't think these play well with Zoya's Get Even.  I experienced some "pull" on the polish after allowing a sufficient amount of time for the first coat to dry, and had to re-do the nails to avoid unwanted clumping in my finish.
Top coat:
CND Shiney



Essie Blue Rhapsody


I really liked Blue Rhapsody.  It kind of made me feel like my nails were wrapped in foil, only without the skin crawling effect.



This will make a great color for pedicures!

Good As Gold

Color description: "a guaranteed gold metallic"
Base coat: Zoya Get Even
Coats of polish used: 2
Comments about application:
same as the notes for Blue Rhapsody
Top coat:
CND Shiney
Essie Good As Gold 

If Essie had named this "Oscar," I wouldn't have thought twice.  Wearing Good As Gold was like wearing a lacquer version of the coveted statue.  Pretty.

Essie Good As Gold


1 comment: